Mentor Program 2013!
Our chapter’s award-winning Mentor Program is currently in its 14th year of pairing Mentors and Protégés to help build skills and enhance relationships.
Download a flyer with more information about the program.
If you're a member of ASTD-San Diego, you’ve probably heard about the Mentor Program. Now is your chance to reap the rewards of this fabulous member benefit!
Are you interested in participating as a Mentor or Protégé?
We hold a number of no-obligation informational orientations before Chapter Meetings throughout the year. The deadline to submit a Mentor or Protégé Application for the 2013 cycle starts now and ends at close of business on June 14, 2013. Please email the Program Coordinator, Kevin Mayfield, at: MPprogram@outlook.com
To apply, DOWNLOAD the application forms, fill them out, and return them to Kevin at MPprogram@outlook.com. Click here for the: mentor application and here for the: protégé application.
Important Dates for the 2013 Mentor Program:
- Friday, June 14, 2013: Application deadline
- Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 8:30 am-1:00 pm: Matching Event at USE Credit Union
- Thursday, August 22, 2013 – 5:30-7:30 pm: Group Meeting
- Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 5:30-7:30 pm: Group Meeting at UCSD
- December- Date and time TBD: Graduation Event
Mentor Program in Past Years
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of this amazing program.
Testimony to the program’s success is a list of former protégés and mentors including:
- Andi Campbell - 2007 Chapter President
- Kia Poe - 2009 Chapter President
- Al Aiona-Aka - 2008 & 2009 Website Coordinator
- Mary Van Hee – 2009 and 2010 Programs Co-Director
- Catherine Mattice – 2011 Chapter President
- and many more chapter stars!!
- Jeff Toister, Susan Murphy, Maureen Orey, Barb Greenstein, Phillip Tanzilo - Past Presidents
- Karin Riggs - 2005 Mentor Program Coordinator
- Janice Trantham – 2004, 2009, 2010 Mentor Program Coordinator
- Karen Garman, Jan Zaragoza, Gabriela Alvarez, and many, many more Chapter-dedicated individuals!
While the energy and enthusiasm of the protégés drive the program, it is the willingness of the mentors to share expertise and encourage individual development that makes this program so outstanding.